Hollybank Trust are a dynamic, forward-thinking, and progressive organisation with a person-centred approach encompassing everything we do. We operate from four sites including Holmfirth, South Kirkby, Barnsley, and Mirfield which is where our school is situated.
The IT department is a small but highly skilled team, focused on driving digital transformation across the Trust and supporting our colleagues to maintain safe IT practices. We are a customer facing team, so you will need to have a ‘can-do’ attitude, a friendly approach, and a willingness to go the extra mile. Being a driver would be an advantage, however as you won’t be on-call it’s not essential.
Key aspects of the role:
- Prioritising, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues for colleagues over the phone, via our ITSM system, and face to face.
- Troubleshooting for a variety of networking issues, from physical to Wi-Fi, and escalating these within the team when required.
- Working within our agreed SLAs and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Effectively manage user accounts through Active Directory & Office 365.
- Deploying new hardware including system imaging, Group Policy modifications, and handover tutorials.
- Maintaining a high level of cyber security.
What we look for from our team:
Confidence – Taking responsibility for projects and processes and taking challenges on head on.
Curiosity – Looking at the bigger picture and getting involved in more than just your role. Learning as you go and developing yourself and those around you.
Happiness – Having a positive attitude and friendly approach, and being solutions focused.
Kindness – Having empathy for your colleagues and striving to provide high quality customer service that is person-centred and in line with our values.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Previous experience working in an IT Helpdesk environment.
- Experience of basic networking, (Ruckus & Aruba experience desired, but not essential).
- Previous experience of Active Directory, troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, and Windows Server 2012 & 2016.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, and work on your own initiative.
- A good team player with excellent customer service skills.
For more information about this role, please contact Tom Massey on 01924 490833 or [email protected]
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.