Hollybank Trust is a charitable organisation providing Education, Therapy, Residential, Nursing Care & Support to people with complex physical needs and associated learning disabilities.
Summary of Role
- To identify needs, assess levels of ability and plan sessions which will meet the requirements of the children and develop their learning.
- To effectively deliver the curriculum ensuring that the individual need and interests of the children in the setting are met and supporting other team members to do this.
- To facilitate a programme of activities suitable to the age range and abilities of the children, within the resources available and to support the mission and ethos of the school.
- To keep records of the children’s development and learning journeys, including creating and monitoring Individual Progress Plans, and share these with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- To take a lead role in the development of Education, Health and Care Plans and My Support Plans, in liaison with the Family Engagement Lead, parents, families and other professionals.
We are particularly interested in applicants with experience of teaching children with Autism, however this is not an essential requirement for the role. Please click here to view our term dates.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please call Jodie Edgar-Brown on 01924 490833 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.
Please also ensure that you complete all of your application form including full work history