Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: up to £22,000
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire
About the job:
You’ll work with our Head of Communications to keep Hollybank’s team of 600 highly skilled employees up to speed with what’s going on around the Trust. You’ll also get involved with our social media channels and website, sharing stories about what we do here and encouraging people to support us. We’re looking for someone who has lots of ideas and a way with words. You’ll also be able to build relationships with people in person too. We’re only a small team, but we have big ideas. We can offer a flexible working culture, where you’ll be listened to and given the opportunity to learn and grow. Key tasks include:
- Writing and publishing content for Hollybank’s corporate communication channels including website, social media, newsletters and other publications
- Building relationships alongside our community ambassador to identify opportunities and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Building relationships with our employees to identify real life stories that can be used for communications activities, in a sensitive and ethical way
- Ensuring that all campaigns, content and material meet our brand guidelines and providing support to encourage other teams within the Trust to meet the guidelines
- Researching, planning, delivering and evaluating communications and marketing campaigns to raise awareness and engagement levels with target audiences
- Taking/commissioning photos and videos to support campaigns and activities
This is an exciting new role that would suit someone who is just starting out on their communications career, or someone who is looking to get back into the field after some time away.
- We’d love you to have some experience in writing content for on and offline communications
- Your IT skills are strong – you know how to use Word, PowerPoint and feel happy posting content onto social media channels
- Although you are creative, you are happy data crunching to evaluate which channels work – and those we need to improve
- You love people – and encouraging them to share their stories, and appreciating when it’s not appropriate to do so, too
- You know your ‘your’ from your ‘you’re’ and feel confident proof reading content provided by others
- You’ll be able to get your head around current laws relating to communications such as data protection and copyright
How to apply:
Send your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d love to join Hollybank and what excites you about the job by 10th November 2023. If you’d like a confidential chat before you apply, Call James Hook (Head of Communication and Employee Engagement) on 07704 017561 or email [email protected]
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your initial DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident Employer. Please let us know on your application about any adjustments that you require for your interview, or give us a call to discuss your application in more detail.