At Hollybank we believe in quality of life, for life. This includes ensuring the buildings we work in, and that our people live in, are kept clean, tidy, and safe.
Our Estates and Facilities team are at the heart of making this happen. Our in-house technicians bring decades of experience in Electrical work, Plumbing, Painting and Decorating and much more to the team – all whilst providing great customer service and a personalised approach to every task.
We are now looking for an experienced and proactive Facilities Operations Manager to join the team on a full-time basis, to provide leadership and support in all areas of facilities management across the Trust.
Key duties include:
- To contribute in the upkeep of the Trust’s buildings and equipment to ensure they are safe, comfortable and secure for our children, young people, adults, staff and visitors.
- To be the main contact for the Maintenance Support including contractors; ensure all the buildings and grounds are maintained to a safe and high standard of repair, booking in and timetabling any works so they are carried out with the minimum disturbance to residents and/or staff.
- Prepare and maintain work/inspection and testing schedules, standard operating procedures for all maintenance works, inspection and testing of plant, equipment, tools, facilities etc.
- Ensure all facilities paperwork is kept secure and up to date.
- Working alongside the Health & Safety Officer, ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children, young people and adults in our care.
This is not an exhaustive list, so please read the full job description before applying for this role.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please call Jodie Edgar-Brown on 01924 490833 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.