At Hollybank we believe in quality of life, for life. This includes ensuring that we are compliant with all Health & Safety legislation and guidance, and that the people we care for and our staff teams are kept safe at all times. We are now looking for an experienced Health & Safety Lead to join the team on a full-time basis, to provide leadership and support in all areas of Health & Safety management across the Trust.
Key duties include:
- To ensure that appropriate risk assessments are carried out across the Trust and to advise and train staff with risk assessment responsibilities.
- Maintain a central register of risk assessments and ensure regular reviews as required.
- Maintain and review template risk assessments for all Trust activities and update as required.
- To investigate, review and record incidents, accidents and near-misses, and report internally and externally as appropriate, for example file RIDDOR reports.
- To ensure that an appropriate Health and Safety Quality Assurance Framework is in place with related audit documents and schedules.
- To maintain a central register of Health and Safety audits and conduct regular reviews as required.
- To work with key colleagues across the Trust to ensure Health and Safety audits are carried out and reported on by the relevant people.
This is not an exhaustive list, so please read the full job description before applying for this role.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please call Jodie Edgar-Brown on 01924 490833 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.