Role: Night Support Worker (Waking nights)
Location: Mirfield, WF14 0DQ
Hours: 30hrs per week (this will include alternate weekend working)
Shift times: 9:15pm – 7:15am
At Hollybank Trust we believe in providing high-quality, person-centred care to the adults and young people we support. Our dedicated residential teams work with our therapists, enrichment team, and cilnical team to ensure that we provide quality of life, for life.
As a night support worker in one of our vibrant and welcoming services, you will provide support with personal care, eating and drinking, and a range of relaxing activities for adults and young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and complex needs. No two nights will ever be the same, and you will learn something new on every shift.
All training will be given, and you do not need to be a driver to apply for this role.Please note, all of our shifts are waking nights.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – Suggesting new ways of working, not being afraid to ask questions, challenging poor practice when you see it.
- Curiosity – Not seeing any lack of experience as a barrier, asking why we do things in the way we do them, and looking for ways to learn and develop.
- Happiness – Being a reliable and positive person, being outgoing and vibrant, and enjoying the work you do.
- Kindness – Putting the adults first and working in a person-centred way, supporting your colleagues, and looking after yourself!
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please contact Jodie Edgar-Brown on 01924490833 or [email protected]
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.