At Hollybank, we support adults, young people, and children with profound and multiple learning disabilities to live their lives to the fullest. We provide support for education, enrichment, and day to day living as well as on-site nursing support where needed.
The dedicated team at Rowan Court provide 24hr care and support to 15 adults with profound learning disabilities, physical disabilities and complex needs, with on-hand support from our team of allied healthcare professionals.
Key aims of the role:
- To directly lead and supervise a team social care staff and work collaboratively with the Therapy Team to ensure that quality and outcome-based care delivery is prioritised, balanced with budgetary compliance.
- Be responsible for the quality and safety standards of a 24-hour residential service, which much meet CQC requirements.
- Provide out of hours management support on a rota basis via an on-call process shared between other Registered Managers.
- Be repsonsible and accountable for all aspects of social care for young adults with multiple and profound learning disabilities and complex needs.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What we offer:
- A welcome bonus for qualified Nurse candidates.
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please call Jodie Edgar-Brown on 01924 490833 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.