Oak House and Acorns, part of Hollybank Trust, is a small community home for 6 Adults with a range of complex physical and learning disabilities, in Worsborough just outside the centre of Barnsley.
Our team support the Adults with all aspects of their lives, including their physical, social and emotional needs, following their individualised care plans and delivering person centred care. We support the Adults to live enriched lives through a range of in house and external activities, including structured activities at Hollybank’s main site in Mirfield.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for auditing and administering medications, updating and assessing care plans, supervising a small team of social care staff, and liaising with families and health professionals. This is not an exhaustive list though, so candidates are encouraged to real the full job description before applying for this role.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
To find out more, please call Jess Clayton on 01226 287621 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.