Hollybank Trust is a charitable organisation with a national reputation for excellence, working with children, young people and adults with complex physical and learning disabilities. Based in West Yorkshire, Hollybank Trust provides education, residential and nursing care to over 100 children, young people and adults.
The successful candidate will join an established team of passionate SLTs and SLT assistants working within a wider Therapy team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Assistive Technologists.
Speech & Language Therapy provide a complete service to the individuals who live within Hollybank Trust, meeting both their communication and dysphagia related needs. Although it may be necessary for the successful candidate to work across the age range at times, regular clinical work would be within adult residential services.
The caseload will be varied and you will have opportunity to build meaningful working relationships with individuals who have a range of diagnoses, abilities and needs. We have access to excellent facilities and therapeutic equipment to support individuals to develop skills, to engage in their environment, and achieve person centred goals.
You will join a supportive, enthusiastic and long standing team and will have excellent opportunities for training and development.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – Suggesting new ways of working, not being afraid to ask questions, challenging poor practice when you see it.
- Curiosity – Not seeing any lack of experience as a barrier, asking why we do things in the way we do them, and looking for ways to learn and develop.
- Happiness – Being a reliable and positive person, being outgoing and vibrant, and enjoying the work you do.
- Kindness – Putting the adults first and working in a person-centred way, supporting your colleagues, and looking after yourself!
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A comprehensive employee assistance program, including support for mental health, a company sick pay scheme, and a life insurance benefit.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Training & Development opportunities to support your development.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
For further information contact Jenny Pemberton, Clinical Lead for SLT, on 01924 490833 Ext 455.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your initial DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident Employer. Please let us know on your application about any adjustments that you require for your interview, or give us a call to discuss your application in more detail.