A day in Poplars is a lot like spending a day in your favourite theme park; exciting, fun, and always a bit of a rollercoaster! No two days are the same when you’re part of the Poplars team, and we like it that way.
Our dynamic team is dedicated to creating unforgettable experiences and building meaningful relationships with the 12 adults we support and to enable them to lead enriched, fulfilled lives.
When you join our team, you will have the privilege of working with unique and amazing individuals and playing a part in developing their abilities and helping them to achieve their goals and life-long aspirations.
As a positive behaviour support worker, your main duties will include:
- Supporting with personal care, eating, and drinking, and meaningful social activities.
- Ensuring the adults are provided with opportunities for independence and choice.
- Following a detailed care plan which empowers you to support individuals who need positive behaviour support and person-centred care.
This is not an exhaustive list, so candidates are encouraged to read the full job description before applying for this role.
What we ask for from our staff:
- Being up for a laugh and willing to take part in group activities.
- Being able to think outside the box and work to your own initiative.
- Being able to embrace change and work pro-actively.
- Confidence and professionalism.
- Reliability and flexiblity, to support our adults in the way they want to be cared for.
As an employer we offer:
- A competitive salary and great pension scheme.
- A fantastic, open, and supportive working environment.
- Comprehensive Training & Development opportunities.
- Paid pre-employment training to give you a great head start.
- A wealth of opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills.
- An employee rewards scheme with retail discounts and more.
- A great pension scheme, and life insurance scheme.
To find out more call Nini or Hannah on 01924483915 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy. We will ask you to pay for your inital DBS check, unless you have a portable DBS, and then the cost of this will be reimbursed to you upon successful completion of your probation period.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.