Being a Support Worker at Hollybank is a varied, exciting, and rewarding role. All of our services are unique, being tailored to suit the needs of adults and young people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and physical disabilities, and our teams work hard to ensure that the standards of care and support are consistent and of high quality. No two days are the same at Hollybank, but the role will include supporting with activities, personal care, eating and drinking, and ensuring the adults and young people attend appointments and social engagements.
What we look for from our staff:
- Confidence – being self-assured, asking for help when you need it and challenging behaviour or practices that you feel are inappropriate or unsafe.
- Curiosity – being inquisitive and welcoming change, asking questions about the way that we do things and why, and putting yourself forward to try new things.
- Happiness – being cheerful and positive, bringing your best self to work and sharing your enthusiasm for life with the people we are here to support.
- Kindness – being caring and compassionate, reaching out to your colleagues if they look like they’re struggling, being an active member of the team and working together to achieve shared goals.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary with enhanced rates for Bank Holidays and overtime.
- Training to give you the skills and knowledge you know to be a great support worker.
- An open, honest, and supportive working environment.
- Paid pre-employment training.
- A fantastic refer a friend scheme that rewards you for recommending new staff to us.
- Employee discounts with high street and online retailers, cinemas, and restaurants.
To find out more, please call Jenny Painter (Registered Manager) on 01977 652638 for an informal chat or via email on [email protected]
Hollybank Trust is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable people, and our Safer Recruitment process requires all employees to have an Enhanced DBS check and reference checks in line with our Recruitment policy.
PLEASE NOTE WE PRIMARILY COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL
We want people from underrepresented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBTQIA+) communities to succeed at Hollybank Trust and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Click here to find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
Hollybank Trust is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long-term health conditions into our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.